Friday, December 16, 2011
* that I get longer stretches of quiet in the evenings until the baby wakes for more mama's milk.
* that I can leave the playroom for a bit and return to see my five-year-old lovingly reading a book to an attentive little brother.
* that a baby sister squeals with delight watching her big brother and big sister plunge down the slide at the park, itching to join in the fun.
* that a toddler's imaginary friend who doesn't like our Christmas tree bulbs can change the entire decorating scheme of our holiday tree.
* that my five-year-old teaches me about the ancient volcanic eruption in Pompeii.
* that the third child realizes that if she wants to eat, she had better learn quickly how to feed herself at the dinner table.
* that the oldest watches out for the youngest.
* that onesies are outgrown, boots become too small, mittens don't fit.
* that as they grow, so do I.